It is recommended that you hand wash all of our harnesses. In this quick guide we breakdown the best methods of keeping your official JULIUS-K9® dog harness clean and fresh.
Basic washing instructions:
- Hand wash only
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Do not tumble dry
Hand wash cleaning guide:
- Use a warm, damp cloth to wipe off excess mud.
- Remove all the hook-and-loop labels from the side of the harness. These should be cleaned separately with a warm damp cloth as tough brushes can scrub off the lettering. This will also allow you to wash away any fur and grim built up on the fasteners.
- Fill your sink or a tub full of hot water and give the harness a good soaking.
- Using a brush and washing up liquid start scrubbing away grim and dirt. If your dog has sensitive skin, you could use your dog’s shampoo instead of dish soap to avoid irritation.
- Thoroughly rinse the harness under warm water to wash out any soap.
- Leave harnesses to soak in clean, warm water for a few hours.
- Shake off the excess water and use a dry towel to remove further excess water.
- Leave to dry naturally.
Why we recommend washing by hand
Our harnesses are made to be extremely robust and have been designed to fit your dog to both maximise comfort and safety. Washing the harness at high temperatures can misshape the ergonomic design.
The highly durable metal ring for lead attachment can also damage to your washing machine drum.